*Timing May Differ*

*Timing May Differ*
0.0 0

The most humbling lesson I have learnt from this World Cup tournament so far has come from team Panama. England had scored 6 goals and Panama managed at the 77th minute to score just a goal. But they jubilated so much as if they were the winning team. In fact, their fans in the stadium were highly ecstatic and the coach was very joyful.

This prompted me to find out about this team and I discovered it was their first time ever in the World Cup and although they lost their first 2 matches, they were thankful they got their very first goal in their very first World Cup tournament. And when the game was over, they all knelt down together in what seemed like a prayer section. What a team!

It was a beautiful attitude despite knowing it was a competition in which only one will emerge the winner. Being satisfied with trying their best even without winning was a positive attribute.

Now compare this to life! Life seems like that pitch but it is not a competition. Everyone has his/her race to run and life will not always be equally fair to everyone. Some have it easy, others hard. We will not always have the same things, but it is important to know that you have to keep your race as your race. Don’t get carried away by what others have, that you forget to appreciate what you have. Even when it seems like you are behind, look deep, look back and check again, you have made a record move that shows you are no longer where you used to be. Sometimes, it takes trying your best over and over again, but never ever compare your life with others, Life is not a competition.

And to parents who think their kids are not doing as good as other kids, may I ask, when last did you celebrate the devoted effort of that child even if it didn’t get the expected best out? Did you not kill the spirit the more by your complaint?

Think deep, look well and see beyond, there is one teeny tiny thing you can be thankful for. It may not be huge compared to others’ but at least you moved. And if it has not happened yet, keep trying with full devotion, trusting God that in due time, it will come. Timing may differ, keep your race personal but know that life is not a competition. Your own little may worth more than the plenty others are showing off.

I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn’t always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn’t always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don’t always lead successful lives. Time and chance happen to them all…